Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day ??


1:55 - eye yai yai...


So.... I kinda fail at this blog. Not cool. I'll have to figure out what to do about all the missing days.

Eyes have always creeped me out. When you look at them from the side, they flick back and forth and the cornea sticks out. The eye doesn't look human. It nestles like a foreign body between folds of skin. In Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card describes digging out an eye like pushing through cottage cheese. Doesn't that make a wonderful mental image... an eye crumbling and dripping out of the socket in little clumps...

Ok, that's morbid. It's probably more like the consistency of those little plastic semi spheres that you push one end in, lay it on the ground, and then when it pops back the entire body jumps.

I'm very happy that my nikon's higher res allows for detailed pictures. All I did with this image was fiddle with the contrast to bring out the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment