Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 17


11:36 am - bartle-doo?

Brother watching Mumbles, a character from one of our favorite youtube comedians, Ed Bassmaster. Ed's a great actor and he plays hilarious pranks on people while secretly filming them.

I can't say I've done anything quite like Ed, but while we were vacationing on Sanibel Island, my cousin and I decided to play a prank on Joey, who sells ridiculously priced hot dogs and sodas from a pontoon boat. Here's how it went:
Joey: Hello.
Me: 你好! (ni hao, translation: hello)
Joey: .... half-smiles, confused
Me: 请你给我一杯可乐. (qing ni gei wo yi bei kele, please give me a cola)
Cousin: She wants a cola, and a sprite. (I had forgotten to ask for that too, haha)
Joey: still half-smiling in puzzlement, grabs the drinks, hands them to me That's four dollars.
Greg: 四个. (si ge, four)
Me: [hands Joey the money] 谢谢!(xiexie, thank you)
Joey: Uh, sure.
Me and cousin: run away giggling, totally not looking suspicious.

We came up with elaborate plans afterward, but didn't get a chance to carry them out. :(

Here's another prank I came up with and the boys carried out:

Cousin: What movie is playing tonight?
Hotel Receptionist: I think it's G-Force.
Cousin: Oh really? Isn't that the movie that got negative reviews because of explicit sexualization of female animals?
HR: .... Um, I don't decide. I just work here.

We were trying to get them to play a different movie, but it didn't quite work out. And according to my brother, who is a movie buff, it did get bad reviews because of the negative portrayal of female hamsters.... sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment