Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 5


6:50 pm - window

can't write too much - this photo came up later than expected. this morning I tried to take a photo in the dark and then increase the brightness in gimp, but I have to figure out how to set my exposure period for more than 30 seconds.

my family donated some money to the red cross today to help fund aid in haiti. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to walk down a ruined street in hot muggy weather, the stench of dead bodies hanging stagnant in the air along with the cries of those trapped beneath the rubble. the worst part is that the government is completely unprepared to deal with a disaster like this, so the civilians have no means of digging out those buried alive. I can't imagine the pit of despair that stems from utter helplessness. it is terrible.

I'll write something cheerier tomorrow, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment